Sunday, December 15, 2013

Creamy Irish Coffee

I love cocktail, I really want to make it more (and yes post more recipes in my blog hehe).
But drinking is not what I can do everyday, and most of the time when I drink I just can't take photograph anymore, ^^".  Well I love to drink but I can't drink much ^^, one glass is enough for me, and yes, I never let myself drunk. 
Irish coffee is a cocktail consisting of hot coffee, whiskey, and sugar and cream. For this recipe, mixing the sugar (or sugar syrup) into the whisky make the whisky heavier and form a separate layer from the coffee. Anyway you need to pour the coffee very lightly (pour on the side of the glass is the best way) to prevent the coffee to mix in the whisky, (well, it's about the look not the taste). More or less coffee depends on your taste. Drink it on a cold weather day is the best.

 Creamy Irish Coffee
Serve 2

120ml ............................. Espresso (or 2tsp instant coffee with 120ml hot water)*
80ml ............................... Whisky
40ml ............................... Sugar syrup (or 2tbsp superfine sugar)
30ml ............................... Whipping cream
Topping
125ml .............................. Whipping cream
8g .................................... Icing sugar
1/4 ................................... Vanilla bean 
* if you want you can use 120ml of espresso per 1 glass.


Mix the sugar syrup (or sugar) with whisky in a microwavable cup, then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds or until the mixture is fully combine or the sugar completely melt. Let cool to room temperature.
For topping :Whip the whipping cream with icing sugar and seed from vanilla bean until stiff peaks form. 
Assemble:
Pour the whisky into the cup, then slowly pour the coffee into the glass (pour to the side of the glass to prevent the coffee to mix with the whisky).
Spoon the whipping cream over the coffee then pipe the whipped cream over the coffee, serve immediately. 

1 comment:

  1. One drink is quite enough for me too. Irish Coffee is the perfect cocktail for a snowy winter day just like we are having here in the US.

    Thank you so much for sharing, Dandy...You have such a lovely blog. One day if you get a chance, perhaps you would like to drop over to my blog. It is a very friendly place and I really do think you will like many of my visitors. Louise

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...