Friday, December 21, 2012

Fried Bananas: Simply delicious sweet!

 I already told you that I love fried food, ^^.

 Tell you the truth, this time, I didn't make it by myself. My sister made it for me and I told her that "It's very delicious, do you mind if I want to share it in my blog?" And her answer is "Yes" ^^, Well delicious thing will be great when you're sharing, right?
The key for the delicious taste is the cold of the batter, so after mixing the batter, you have to refrigerate it. The banana is important too (without it we can make fried banana, haha), too ripe the fried banana will be too soft, use the one that just ripe, and keep the rest for banana bread instead. 
For serving, there are endless possibility, with ice cream, syrup, chocolate sauce etc., it depends on your imagination and taste. But for me just drizzling the maple syrup and sprinkling the icing sugar, I'm in heaven!!




Fried Bananas
Can't tell how many people you can serve, ^^


65g .................................. All purpose flour
1tbsp ............................... Granulated sugar
1/4tsp ............................. Salt
1/4tsp ............................. Baking powder
100g ................................ Milk, cold
2 ....................................... Bananas
.......................................... Oil for frying
.......................................... Maple syrup
.......................................... Icing sugar


 Put the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a bowl, whisk to combine.
Pour the milk into the bowl, whisk until smooth.
Cover with plastic warp and refrigerate for 2 hours.


Take the bowl out of the refrigerator, if the batter too thick add 1-2 tsp milk.
Cut the banana into small pieces, put in the batter bowl.
Pour the oil in the pan, fry the banana in medium hot oil. 
Serve hot with maple syrup and icing sugar.


Fried Bananas: Simply delicious sweet!

5 comments:

  1. oooo yum!!! definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of the fried bananas with honey you can get at china restaurants :) but I'm sure yours are way better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Dee
    Haha,

    Hi, Tini
    I think they are the same ^^, but making at home will give you the possibility to add some flavor that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice..in Indonesia almost everyone love it...

    and, sometime I add rice flour to the batter...^^

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...