Friday, July 22, 2011

Chocolate Spread: Delicious gift from your kitchen.

 It's not hard for anyone to be under chocolate spell, and after that no one can run away from it. I'm one of them and my love for chocolate grow everyday ^^.

 When I was young, chocolate candies were my passion but it seen I go for darker side of the chocolate when I grow up, haha. 
When I saw the book: ..................., first I think it's just another book that contains chocolate recipe, but after reading in the book store I fall in love with this book, he really has a passion for "chocolate", and the recipes in the book look tempting. So, as usual I had to take it home ^^.
The book has a lot of recipe and story, I enjoy reading and happy with the fact that there are many people who've been working so hard to create something special like chocolate for us. And knowing these make me feel grateful because making great (not only good) chocolate is not easy, so treat it with care and your chocolate will make you happy each time that you take it. 
And if you want to see inside of the book just click .............. I already show it in my page.
The first recipe from this book that I try is "Chocolate Spread", very easy and lovely thing that you can make it by yourself, and can be use as a gift for someone that you love.
Actually he recommends using nutty kind of chocolate (chocolate is like wine, there are a lot of  flavor in it not only "chocolate flavor" ^^). But you can use any kind of chocolate that you love or your recipient  love. I think it's more delicious than commercial one, because you can use a lot or less sugar to your taste. 
I try it and happy with my spread, well with bread or not, I love it both way, haha.





Chocolate Spread
Makes about 250 ml


45 -60g ........................... Sugar (depend on your taste)
150ml .............................. Water
200g ................................ Dark chocolate (70% cocoa mass), roughly chopped
Note: You will need a sterilized jar if you want to keep it longer than 2 weeks.


 Put the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolved. Raise the heat slightly and bring to the boil.
Stir in the chocolate until just melted and remove from the heat.
 Pour into a sterilized jar.


Turn the jar upside down to seal it, wait until cool before turn the right side up. Once opened, keep in the fridge and consume within 2 weeks.


Enjoy the spread with bread of your choice, or directly from the jar (like me, haha).


Chocolate Spread: Delicious gift from your kitchen.

11 comments:

  1. Luv your recipe!

    Wouldn't the chocolate spread harden in the fridge?

    Would the spread harden under room temperature or remain as a spreadable consistency?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo have to make this recipe! Looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spread will become harden if stored in the fridge but will remain spreadable at room temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog for some time, well done is fantastic!
    I'd be really happy if you want to visit me!
    This is my blog:
    http://lacuocadentro.blogspot.com/
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Assunta
    Nice to meet you ^^, will go to your blog in a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How was the texture after the chocolate had melted? Mine is just like liquid. Is it supposed to be like that? Is still in the fridge. Don't know whether it will be spreadable at room temperature or turn to liquid again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is liquid but firm up a bit after cooling, it depends on the cocoa mass of your chocolate too ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just had to try this as you'd made it look deliciously tempting. Followed your recipe to a t, used good quality 70% chocolate and left it and room temperature. It was glossy and smooth going into the jar but I've just opened it to have some (couldn't resist any longer) and it's solidified! Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can warm it over by placing the jar in a bowl of hot water ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant. Thank you! You're very talented, just made your peanut macaroons and they're amazing! I think I've found my new favourite blog!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...