Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mini Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze: Small in size but big in flavor!

Well, I still don't want to do anything much, but I don't want to sit still too, haha. And last month, I just got a lot of new books and one of them is .............but I think that they might add something interesting in their new book ^ ^.

Anyway, we will talk about the book later, because when I browsed through the book I saw this recipe, I thought I really want to try it. But after reading the recipe, I have to make a little change (or you can call a lot haha) because I don't have buttermilk, so I use the yogurt instead, I don't like too sweet cake so I reduce the sugar amount and I change the type of the flour (the original recipe calls for bread flour, but I want a soft cake so, I use all purpose flour).

I made it in small size, but after tasting it, I think there should be something more to make the cake better, because the cake is bit dry (in my opinion).
So, at last I add the lemon glaze and Voilà, finally this is the cake that I want ^ ^.
I think a small but full of flavor little cake, can be the best treat to accompany the afternoon tea, oh! what a lovely day!


Mini Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze
Makes 6 (9 cm bundt cake)


For the cake

140g
All purpose flour
1g
Baking soda
1g
Salt
75g
Unsalted butter
100g
Sugar
1
Egg

Zest from 1 lemon
80ml
Plain yogurt
15ml
Lemon juice


Lemon Glaze

60g
Icing sugar (sifted)
1-3 tsp
Lemon juice


Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 177°C
Coat the bundt pan with a light film of fat.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.

Blend the egg and lemon zest.

Cream the butter and sugar , until the mixture is smooth and light in color.
Add the lemon and egg mixture in 2 additions, mixing until fully incorporated after each addition and scarp down the bowl as needed.

Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the yogurt in 3 additions, mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
Add the lemon juice and blend.
Pour the batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cake spring back when lightly touched and a skewer inserted near the center come out clean.
Cool the cake in the pan for a few minutes, then unmold onto the racks to cool completely.

Mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice (add the juice bit by bit until you reach the consistency that you want).
Lightly pour the lemon glaze over the cake before serving.


Mini Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze:
Small in size but big in flavor!

1 comment:

  1. I was browsing around foodblogs and found yours. Love your recipes and step by step instructions. I'm very new in cooking and baking. Your blog will definately be my daily reading. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...