Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Caramel Coffee Shake

When ever I go out with my sister (our shopping time), we will have the Frappuccino, my sister love Caramel Frappuccino Blended Coffee with whipped cream but I like Espresso. Iced coffee for a hot day is great, and I like the time when we drink it while watching all the people around us, talking and don’t have to care about the time. But I found that my sister love for caramel and whipped cream is very much (she always finish the cream before drinking the coffee!). So, I want to make this one to surprise her.

But the first attempt is a real mess, I burned the caramel by putting the sugar in the microwave for too long, caused a lot of smoke in the house, and after I fixed the caramel, put all things together, I remembered that there are no any kinds of sweetener in the coffee.

May be I have to give up, but I’m not that kind of girl, I want to make it and I want a delicious one. I finally came up with this recipe, not the one that taste like Starbuck’s but delicious too. I make the caramel using the microwave, by testing for sometime I know the time for my microwave to make a delicious caramel but for your microwave I suggest use a shorter time for the first time because you can get a lot of smoke like me if the sugar gets burn, or you can use the classic method by boiling the sugar then add the cream, too.

Caramel Coffee Shake

Makes 2 glasses




Caramel cream
50 g Sugar
2 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Whipping cream


Sweet whipped cream
½ cup Whipping cream
1 tbsp Sugar


Coffee
1⅓ tbsp Instant coffee
2 tbsp Hot water
4 tbsp Caramel cream
1 tbsp Condensed milk
4 tbsp Milk
400 g Ice

First make the caramel cream.

Put the whipping cream and 1 tbsp of water in a microwave proof measuring cup, over with plastic wrap, heat in the microwave for 30 second and set aside.

Pour the sugar and 1 tbsp water in a big ceramic bowl, over with plastic wrap, heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes (for mine, 3.20 minutes is the right time).

Get the bowl out of the microwave (I suggest putting the glove on, it’s very hot and you can burn your hand), take the plastic out and pour the whipping cream mixture in, the caramel will be bubble (this is the reason for big bowl).

Now you get the caramel cream.

Second beat the whipping cream

Put the whipping cream and 1 tbsp sugar in a bowl beat until hold a stiff peaks. Put the whipped cream in pastry bag with star nozzle for decorating and put it in the fridge while you make the coffee.

Third make the coffee shake

Pour the 2tbsp of hot water over the instant coffee, mix in the condensed milk and milk, set aside.

Put the ice in bowl of the blender, pour 4 tbsp of caramel cream over the ice and follow by the coffee mixture. Blend until the ice is distributed, then pour the mixture into 2 glasses.

Now decorate

Squeeze the whipped cream over the coffee and use the remaining caramel cream drizzle over the top.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...